Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brace Face


It’s official. I have braces. So, let’s hear it: brace face? Metal mouth? Train tracks? Atomic lips? {Well, that one sounds kinda cool.} Do people even use these names any more? Maybe, but braces are so common now – EXCEPT on adults. So why I am I getting braces NOW? Because my parents didn’t have dental insurance when I was growing up & then there was that one time I took my own kids to the dentist, took one look at the dentist cleaning their teeth and FAINTED. {A funny story – ask me about it sometime.} So now, I have a huge anxiety of all things teeth and I’m not excited about looking like a 12 year old, so I have been putting off braces for YEARS. {I mean, I would have been done already - sheesh!!} But today, I am overcoming vanity, overcoming anxiety AND I faced my fears! I’m still not sure about these suckers, but my orthodontist Dr. McDreamy Dr. McHenry did a very good job, so without further ado – here they are:


See – you can hardly see them at all!

DSC00994


Okay, okay, ready?

DSC00997

They're there - really! So, what do you think? :-D

Reminding myself today: “Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised…” {Prov. 31:30}
Have a blessed day. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...