Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane {Via a Cool Facebook Status App!}

Hello friends!! I may have just found one of the BEST apps ever! {Seriously} Or maybe the iced caramel coffee I drank this morning is making me more excited than necessary, but still – this is COOL! Last night my 7 yr. old said something funny, so of course, it became my Facebook status minutes later:
“Trev has started taking baths by himself. Tonight, I helped & discovered 3 {fairly recently purchased} EMPTY bottles of body wash. Hmmm. I go get some of my body wash & as I pour it in he says: "Mom, I get REALLY shiny when you pour the whole bottle in." ME: "Is that what you've been doing????".... Trev: "Maybe."
{Good thing they are cute!}

That got me thinking – I often post quips and things my kids say & do on FB, and I wish I had copied & pasted them somewhere so I could remember them all! WELL, now there is an app that lets you do just that! Maybe you’ve already heard of it, but it was news to me!
The app is called My Status History. It will list all your saved statuses. {They had mine from the past TWO YEARS!} Wow! It was fast, easy and was a chronological list of all my status updates – talk about memories!! Try it! If you do, you just might find some status updates like this:

Trevor: "Mom -- Jesus is King of the JUICE?? I don't get it..." (Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:57:06 GMT)
or this:
 
Sean: "Mom, come look! We made sleeping bag slides!" (In the background -- "Wahoooo!") Oh the joy of having stairs… {moving into our new home}

Trevor (age 5): "Mom, what does selfish mean?" Me: It means caring only about yourself and NOT caring about anyone else. Trevor: "And that's bad?" (Mon, 26 Oct 2009 02:58:03 GMT)

It also reminded me of that first T-ball game…
TrevTball

Our first puppy…
ChristmasPuppy

our first black eye {He fell & hit the corner of a table at preschool.} :(
TrevorEye

our first time going down the mountain…
26472_1415976359941_1248543366_31199363_7350431_n

some of the tough times… {during the teacher’s strike last year}
24891_1442189415251_1248543366_31267041_7052526_n

and times when we were just plain silly. {Just an average trip to Target!}
75731_1722387700033_1248543366_31959763_3994178_n

And moments we sometimes need to remind ourselves of…

Reannah is on a budget. (Aren't we all?) Splurges are rare - including Starbucks. I almost didn't make the stop, but really felt like a mocha. In line, I chose the tall instead of the grande - it would save me 50c. Suddenly, the man in front of me said, "Oh, I'll pay for these 2 people behind me too." WHAT? I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted. I said thanks and he said "Thank Jesus. It's on Him today." So, I am! :) (Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:49:09 GMT) {This was after I was laid-off from work}
 
If you want to take your own trip down memory lane, click on My Status History and follow the directions; you’ll have your list in seconds. Then copy & paste your status in a word document for you to easily walk down memory lane any time you like!  You may want to  grab some tissues first though.

Was this post useful? I hope it was!
xo, God Bless

Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...