Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the Year Teacher Gift

Woot! Woot! There are only 18 days left of school here until Summer!
{But who’s counting?} ;-)

If you need one last little something 
to thank that special teacher in your child’s life for the end of the year,
I have just the gift for you! 

This year we are making these Flower Paper Clips!

May2012 003FlowerClips2

As a teacher myself, I am constantly clipping together assignments and papers I need. But there are SO many more uses for these little cuties!


They are perfect for bookmarks…. {I'm ALWAYS marking pages in books!}

MayTeacherAppreciation 011


for holding a thank you card, or drawing

MayTeacherAppreciation 016

MayTeacherAppreciation 015


or clipped to a gift card!

MayTeacherAppreciation 013

I love using mine as a bookmark the best!

~~~~~

Want to make your own?

All you need is…
  • a set of 2” flat topped paper clips (I bought mine at Pick Your Plum but you can also find them on etsy; for example here!)
MayTeacherAppreciationFlatPins
  • AND any embellishments you would like to adorn them with! (I also bought the flowers from Pick Your Plum! LOVE that place! Is it a place?? lol)
May2012 001FlowerClips1
  • Other embellishment ideas are: buttons, ribbons, fabric flowers and scrabble letters, you name it! The possibilities are endless!
I also like the vintage look of these rosette clips. These rosette flowers I found at Michaels and were the perfect size for the tops of these paper clips!

MayTeacherAppreciationrosettepins


Don’t have flat head paper clips? No worries!
Regular large paper clips tied with colorful ribbon are just as fun!

MayTeacherAppreciationRibbonPins

The good news is, they’ll ALL hold a card for your teacher equally well!
How about you?  Which version would you make?

MayTeacherAppreciation BLOGfinalphoto


{Seriously - I can't believe we're talking end of the school year already!! Crazy! 
When do your kids get out of school??}

PS -- if you need more inspiration, I posted even more Teacher gift ideas HERE!

Joining the fun at tatertots and jello
Photobucket

8 comments:

The Painters Patch said...

Those are darling! What a great idea :)

Sarah said...

That is such a cute idea! I want to make some for me! ;)

Melinda said...

Hello--
Popped over from Tatortots. Cute ideas--with lots of uses.
I am a new follower!

Have a super weekend.

Melinda

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

I haven't seen the flat top paper clips. Very fun and so many possibilities!
Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Yes- love this cute easy simple idea!! What a great one! I think I could do it... yes? Ummm. we shall see! Nice job getting on TT&J! You get the woot woot for that one! :)

Susie @Bowdabra said...

Hi Reannah,
Oh my! These are fabulous! You take great pictures of your work, too! Very fun! Love all the different ideas and they are so simple!

We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers!

Have a great weekend,
Susie
http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/26/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-3/

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

You're so crafty! I love these girl!

Unknown said...

These are so adorable and functional at the same time! Great idea! Thanks :-)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...