Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SoCal Blog Social {Recap}

Southern California has a very active blogging community and I am so excited to be a {small} part of it! One event I have been DYING to go to was the Socal Social, because it’s so close to me in Orange County!! Plus, I got to hang with some blog friends I’ve been getting to know – such as Delightful Deets, Made by Munchies Mama, Yeung Mother Hubbard, 504 Main, Renee from Cover to Cover and more!!

This event {which includes a swag walk, dinner and guest speaker, Mark Montano from HGTV!} was wonderfully organized by Bev at Flamingo Toes and Vivienne at The V Spot. These ladies seriously did an amazing job! It was so fun to meet new bloggers and reconnect with old blogging friends!

socal


So many cute things to see at all the shops! I wish I had taken more pictures!!!

socal3


Some of the shop owners stopped to tell us more about their shop. We got delicious coffee at this shop AND I just loved that light blue bench inside!

socal1
 

I also loved this reading nook in the children’s toy store! So did some of my friends.

socal2
 

Having fun on the walk!!

socal4
 

And I am in LOVE with signs. I seriously want every single one of these in my house. Somewhere. Every. Single. One. xoxo

socal8
 

If you follow me on Facebook then you’ll remember that when we stopped for lunch at Paris in a Cup, we ended up hanging out with HGTV’s Mark Montano!! He was so nice and fun to talk with! {And yes, I am still star struck. lol}

socal13
 

After the swag walk it was off to dinner! The table scape was beautiful and the food was DELICIOUS!!

socal5
 

After dinner we got to hear Mark Montano speak –

Socal10


and as part of our ‘swag bag’ we got his brand new crafting book all about BLING!!! Yay!!! {Jumping for joy!!!}

socal9
 

And oh yes I did get him to sign my book!!


socal12
 

After Mark spoke there were a lot of items raffled off aaaaaand….. I won one!!!

socal11
Me so excited to hold my necklace and $25 gift certificate to Christine and Co. Design

Woohoo!! Free stuff, food, winning AND Mark Montano all in one day?? Yes, it was awesome.
Thank you SO much to Vivienne and Beverly – you girls did an awesome job in organizing everything for this fabulous event; it was so much fun and I can't wait for next year!

If you have a chance to attend a local meet up like the Socal Social, I highly suggest you go, you will LOVE it!


New here? You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!


7 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

How fun! WOW what a nice day of just hanging with some awesome peeps! Looks like something I may need to attend next year for sure!!

Holly Lefevre said...

so glad we got to chat at dinner for a bit! Isn't Mark awesome!? And Bev and Viv! And you!

Kelly said...

Oh I am sooo jealous!!!!! I am DYING to go to a blogger event! It seems like it was FANTASTIC and well put together! I love that bench too!!

Joni Nickrent said...

Great wrap up! It was definitely a fun day!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

What a sweet roundup!! Your photos are so cute! I'm so glad you were able to join us this year - I hope you can join us for next year! :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Loved your wrap up! You got some great photos and we're so glad that you had a good time! :)

Unknown said...

We never got to meet but it was such a fun day! Can't wait to go next year :)


-Tara
www.aspectacledowl.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...